Pain is often interpreted as a herniated disc, and due to fear of early surgery, the possibility of diagnosis and treatment is ignored.
But not every pain is a sign of rupture and can be seen as a sign of a significant disease.
Memorial Kayseri Hospital Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Department Uz. Dr. Ali İpek gave information about back pain and its causes.
Lumbar abnormalities in adolescents, the cause of pain in older aging
Lumbar pain is more common at a young age than in the spinal cord and spondylosis. In the lumbar spine because of the channel stenosis there are problems with numbness in the legs and decrease of walking distances. Patients are taken to the doctor for severe pain and sometimes abuse of power. One of the major causes of back pain is rheumatic diseases. The most common of these are called ankylosing spondylitis Bunlar. except; Infections, spread of cancer occurring in any body or bone organ, metabolic causes, pain and pain reflected from internal organs are usually seen as causes of pain in the spine.
Low back pain can be due to these 5 reasons
Daily life habits are an important factor that triggers back pain. Most of the pain is of mechanical origin, which is caused by excessive use, strain or deformation of the structures that make up the spine. Lumbar pain, which makes it difficult for you to restrict movement, generally suggests a herniated disc. However, the severity and position of pain vary from person to person. Therefore, only pain is not a sufficient criterion for diagnosis of lumbar spine. Low back pain is most seen because of the following reasons:
1. Heavy load lifting, accidental trauma and particularly challenging movements have a detrimental effect on the structure of the spinal cord. With the deterioration of the structure, the disc between the vertebrae appears and a herniated disc occurs. Breaks in the vertebrae also lead to midwifery and pain.
2. Still life and excessive weight are among the causes of spinal cord pain. Lack of activity due to the dependence of the waist muscles and excessive weight of the heavy load causes low back pain.
3. Excessive stress is an important factor that adversely affects the human body in all aspects. Lumbar pain is more common in people with high stress groups.
4. The choice of hide beds and chairs also bends the way for back pain. Low back pain may become chronic due to non-ergonomic bed and office chairs.
5. Long wear in joints turns into calcification over time. Aging due to aging is one of the causes of back pain.
6. Smoking has been shown to cause back pain.
7. Lumbar pain is more common in some occupational groups. Among them; long-distance drivers, vibration tool users (asphalt or concrete breakers), heavy lifts and long-term workers.
Attention to rheumatic diseases!
It is known that the problem progresses and the pain becomes chronic when the necessary treatment is not applied to patients with quality of life due to spinal cord pain. Especially rheumatic disease called ankylosing spondylitis omat is a health problem that can be seen in young men. In this disease, unlike the recycled disc, the pain does not rest, but increases. Although there is no apparent pain in the ankle joint, ankle pain, headache, knee and ankle joint may occur in ankylosing spondylitis. It is recommended that the patient consult a specialist after waking up in the morning if the waist area lasts more than one hour.
8 criteria for image processing
For people suffering from back pain, medical imaging is based on criteria called Bel Red Flag Bel.
1. If the person has suffered severe trauma falling from a height, a traffic accident,
2. Continuous, progressive and non-mechanical pain,
3. If recurrent or recurrent pulmonary back pain occurs.
4. If there is any history of cancer, the use of cortisone, addiction, HIV history and excessive alcohol consumption,
5. If there is severe resistance limitation in forward bending,
6. If there are complaints such as long-term fever, weight loss,
7. Sudden loss of feeling in the legs,
8. In the case of bleeding and intestinal problems, medical imaging is required.
A multifaceted approach to treatment
In the treatment of back pain, a multifaceted approach is usually used. The treatment plan is first initiated with detailed studies and surveys.
Mechanical back pain drug therapy, rest, physiotherapy methods as well as strengthening waist muscles and lifestyle changes are effective.
Emergency surgery may be necessary in a very small proportion of them with mechanical back pain, such as those who experience a loss of feeling in the legs. Patients with rheumatic back pain should regularly check and follow up. The success of treatment with anti-rheumatic drugs used in recent years is increasing.