Friday , September 24 2021

Brit dies of cat litter in Morocco about rabies

12.11.2018 17.19

Online since yesterday, 17:19

A Brit died of rabies in Morocco after being bitten by a cat there. The health service in public health in England today said, and specifically called travelers with destinations in Asia and Africa to follow vaccination recommendations. As the press agency reported, the affected man became bitten several weeks ago, but not treated quickly enough.

"In this case, vaccination was not fast enough," said Jimmy Whitworth, professor at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. In humans, the rabies was "two to three months" after exposure to the virus. "It can only take a week, so it's important to heal the doctor immediately and get yourself vaccinated," he said.

Rabies attacks the nervous system, especially the brain, which leads to complete paralysis and eventually death, says Jonathan Ball, professor of molecular virology at the University of Nottingham. "There are very effective vaccines, but they must be used before symptoms occur," he said.

Source link