NEW YORK, NOVEMBER 2 / TASS /. The leader of Tesla, Ilon Musk, is unwilling to make further investments in the business structures of Saudi Arabia regarding the assassination of the Jamal Hashhaya journalist in Saudi Arabia. This Musk said on Friday to respond to the online portal Recode. The transcript of the conversation was published on the website of the portal.
The head of the company was asked if in the light of the high-profile murder in the future, the Saudi Arabian sovereign Fund would receive any money he had previously talked to transform Tesla into a private enterprise. "I guess maybe we will not do this," Musk said.
It meant that consultations with the foundation took place for two years. "I mean, it is important to appreciate the persistence of the Saudis who have been negotiating with me for two years [Tesla] a private company. And that was not something spontaneous, "Musk said.
Earlier, the Bloomberg news agency reported that the Saudi Arabian sovereign fund could increase its investments in Tesla and negotiate the acquisition of shares with the company's management. And the British Financial Times reported that the sovereign fund had accumulated $ 2 billion in Tesla.
He became famous for critical articles about the policy of Riyadh, and Hashkaji disappeared when he visited his country's consulate in Istanbul on October 2. On October 20, the Saudi authorities announced that a journalist was killed in a diplomatic mission building as a result of the conflict. During the investigation, the kingdom has 18 subjects whose identity will not be revealed. The world community strongly condemned this crime, urging Riyadh to conduct a transparent investigation. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said he had carefully planned the assassination of Hashkaji.