POCO Global understands that it has become an independent brand. It is a strategy from Xiaomi, so they did with Redmi etc. However, the launch event was broadcast on the page Xiaomi Romania, the press release came from Xiaomi PR in our country, the distribution takes place on the same channels etc.
Finally, Xiaomi’s portfolio brand strategy is solid. If we look at the sales figures, it seems that they have the winning strategy, and POCO M3 is a best buy in the beginner segment.
Recommended prices for Romania for Xiaomi POCO M3:
Xiaomi Poco M3 with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage – 649 lei;
Xiaomi Poco M3 with 4 GB RAM and 128 GB storage – 699 lei.
You can find it in the eMAG & Mi Store offer.
What are the PRO scores for the Xiaomi Poco M3?
- 6.53 inch IPS screen with FHD resolution and 400 nits brightness, protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3;
- 6000 mAh battery with 18 W power supply (the charger in the package is 22.5 W, better than the maximum charging speed of the battery);
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 662, 4 GB RAM and 64/128 GB storage 649 lei (storage is not the cheapest, UFS 2.1 / 2.2 and LPDDR4X RAM);
- main camera with 48 megapixel wide sensor with f / 1.79 + other dedicated sensors for macro and depth of field;
- IR sensor and the role of ad hoc remote control for consumer electronics;
- dual stereo speakers, High resolution certification + 3.5 mm socket;
- 4G, Wi-Fi AC, USB type-C, side-mounted fingerprint reader.
There are also some missing elements: NFC, movie is 4K. I would have put some extra effort into integrating NFC.
I also found some other interesting information in the press release:
- The POCO brand has reached over 35 markets in three years;
- over 2.2 million POCO F1 units were sold;
- over 6 million POCO phones sold so far.
“These extraordinary results underline the full support of users of the POCO philosophy – “everything you need, nothing you do not need” – and we will do our best to provide our fans with innovative technology.“, A declared Kevin Qiu, head of POCO Global.
“The POCO philosophy represents the state we all want – to feel genuine and confident. As an independent and new brand, we want to continue to deliver the technology that plays a role in a constantly evolving world. ”
“POCO M3 gives our users a top experience and offers one of the industry’s largest batteries”, A spus Angus Ng, Head of Product Marketing, POCO Global. “This high-capacity battery helps users to do things they enjoy longer, such as streaming, listening to music, or creating triple-camera videos. With the POCO M3, we raise the bar for the category to which the phone belongs and offer more than you expect at all levels. ”