Friday , October 7 2022

Looking for justice for Kian delos Santos



[ad_1]

17-year-old Kian delos Santos thrives massive condemnation of President Rodrigo Dutert's violent war on drugs

Published 10:02, 28 November 2018

Updated 10:02, 28 November 2018

JUSTICE. 17-year-old Kian delos Santos's death in August 2017 triggered massive condemnation from the public. Photo of LeAnne Jazul / Rappler

JUSTICE. 17-year-old Kian delos Santos's death in August 2017 triggered massive condemnation from the public. Photo of LeAnne Jazul / Rappler

MANILA, Philippines – Caloocan Regional Trial Court Branch 125 will release on Thursday, November 29, its verdict on the murder of 3 policemen accused of murdering 17-year-olds Kian Lloyd delos Santos.

The release comes more than a year after Delos Santos was killed in August 2017. According to the police, he was killed in a encounter But CCTV pictures and witnesses revealed that he was drawn to a dark alley and shot.

Delos Santo's death triggered massive condemnation of President Rodrigo Dutert's violent war on drugs that has so far resulted in about 5,000 deaths in police operations. Delos Santos is one of them many minors killed in drug-related circumstances since 2016.

The verdict on Thursday will also be almost 3 months since the murder trial was launched in August 2018. The following is a timeline for important events involving 6 months of attempt.

2017

August 16, 2017

Photo by Angie De Silva / Rappler

Photo by Angie De Silva / Rappler

Kian Lloyd Delos Santos is killed in a dark alley close to his house in Caloocan City. According to police reports, the police were forced to retaliation only a one-time operation in a great time.

CCTV surveillance videos in the area, along with testimony records, show that the 17-year-old was pulled by police across alleys and to a corner where he was taken care of.

August 18, 2017

Malacañang says the case of Delos Santos is "isolated. "

"What we can say with confidence is that those who are obliged to break the law, addiction or addiction will have to answer for it," assures President Ernesto Abella the public.

August 19, 2017

The Ministry of Justice announces that it has ordered National Bureau of Investigation to investigate the police insurgency which led to the death of Delos Santos.

Department Order Number 546, signed by then Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II, instructs NBI to conduct an investigation and conduct a case-building of the event and to provide appropriate fees.

August 20, 2017

Senator Risa Hontiveros announces She has given protection to some witnesses in the killing of Delos Santos and added that they are ready to face an investigation if there is one.

The Human Rights Commission also states that the National Capital Region Agency (NCR) has launched one independent investigation.

However, the Senate majority block assumes one resolution calls for a probe at the death stage in the drug war of the Duterte administration, including Delos Santos's death.

August 21, 2017

JUSTICE. Public talks for justice. Photo of Alecs Ongcal / Rappler

JUSTICE. Public talks for justice. Photo of Alecs Ongcal / Rappler

President Rodrigo Duterte, in a dinner with journalists, promises that the police involved 17-year-old deaths would go to prison but he will not let go of this event stop the momentum Achieved by his bloody war against drugs.

This, among protests condemn The assassination of Delos Santos in the hands of the police.

When the northern police district (NPD) chief superintendent Roberto Fajardo says that Delos Santos's death has been "politicized. "He is eventually put on"administrative assistance. "

PNP also says it has ordered the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) to conduct a probe in CASE.

August 22, 2017

The public law firm says that Delos Santos was was killed while he was kneeling. This is also confirmed by PNP two days later on August 24th.

August 23, 2017

Then the Registrar Vitaliano Aguirre II says that the death of Delos Santos was "blown out of proportion"From the media and that the drug war, like any war, would have damage to security.

August 24, 2017

Senate behavior a hearing on the matter. Kian's parents, Saldy and Lorenza delos Santos, confront their sons' assassins who claimed he was a "drug store".

"Ang pangarap ng anak ko maging pulis. Kaya po siya nag aral said Lourdes dahil can criminology, tapos kukuhanin & nyo long nang ganoong kadali (My son dreamed of being a policeman. He studied at Lourdes because it offered criminology, so take him away like that), says Saldy.

August 25, 2017

The parents of Delos Santos, represented by the Public Prosecutor's Office (PAO), file murders and torture cases before the Justice Department against the Caloocan police who were involved in raids that led to the teenage's death.

August 26, 2017

Hundreds of people join the funeral march of Kian delos Santos.

August 28, 2017

Remember KIAN. President Rodrigo Duterte talks with Saldy and Lorenza delos Santos, parents of teenager Kian delos Santos who were killed during a drug war. Malacañang photo

Remember KIAN. President Rodrigo Duterte talks with Saldy and Lorenza delos Santos, parents of teenager Kian delos Santos who were killed during a drug war. Malacañang photo

Duterte face with Kian's parents at Malacañang Golf Club. According to a source of palace, the meeting of Delos Santoses was requested. The president promises that their son will have Justice.

August 29, 2017

Then Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales announces that her office has begun her own probe in the death of Kian delos Santos.

Same day Aguirre provides state protection to Kian's parents.

August 31, 2017

The National Investigation Office says that investigation found that Delos Santos's death was a goal of intentional killing. The agency filed a complaint for murder and planting evidence against Caloocan police officers.

SEPTEMBER 4, 2017

Filters for the integrated line in the Philippines (IBP) administrative and criminal complaints against caloocan police officers. Complaints use eyewitness accounting.

SEPTEMBER 5, 2017

The PNP's domestic affairs announces that it exists likely reason to push fees after its investigation found serious irregularities in the drug that led to Delos Santos death.

The reveals later that the police's actions show collectively and individually that there is a common design against the fulfillment of the same illegal purpose, conspiracy is evident. "

Then PNP Director General Ronald dela Rosa acknowledges that his police may have taken it too far and added that there was "really an overkill."

SEPTEMBER 14, 2017

The Ministry of Justice begins its preliminary investigation.

October 16, 2017

A Pulse Asia survey found that "most"The Philippines is concerned that they can also end up as Delos Santos. At least 76% of those who knew about the case said they were" worried that they, a family member, relative or acquaintance could experience the same fate as Delos Santos because of the implementation of the administration's illegal drugs campaign. "

October 27, 2017

DOJ finishes its preliminary probe.


2018

January 29, 2018

<img id = "541A3BF2EA5D4826868ADB962804072D" src = "https://static.rappler.com/plugins/system/lazyload/blank.png" data-original = "https://assets.rappler.com/32CA5842A5374BA585B61EF101761400/img/541A3BF2EA5D4826868ADB962804072D /kian-delos-santos-case-august-24-2017-012.jpg "class =" rappler_asset "border =" 0 "alt =" FAST TAXES. Caloocan Police PO1 Jeremiah Pereda, PO1 Jerwin Cruz and PO3 Arnel Oares Attends in the senate hearing of Kian delos Santos fall on August 24, 2017. €

FACT TAXES. Caloocan policemen PO1 Jeremiah Pereda, PO1 Jerwin Cruz and PO3 Arnel Oares participates in the senate hearing of Kian delos Santos's fall on August 24, 2017. € <File photo of Angie de Silva / Rappler

Prosecutor's Office of the Justice Department accuses of murder 3 police officers – Police 3 Arnel Oares, Police 1 Jerwin Cruz, Police 1 Jeremiah Pereda – and a civilian named Renato Perez Loveras.

"They are accused of murder because betrayal was found to be present because the sudden and unexpected attack on the unfortunate victim Kian was clear and convincing," said Advocate General Jorge Catalan.

FEBRUARY 7, 2018

Caloocan City Regional Trial Court Branch 125 ordering the arrest by the three policemen and an informant.

JULY 12, 2018

Caloocan RTC Branch 125 Judge Rodolfo Azucena Jr deny in open court a bid of the defense to avoid presenting their own evidence. He also denies a manifestation of Defense Attorney Oliver Yuan to submit evidence of opposition, which is a proposal to reject the case on the basis of weak evidence from the prosecution.

August 28, 2018

JUSTICE. An anniversary marker will be presented on the death day of Kian delos Santos. Photo of Maria Tan / Rappler

JUSTICE. An anniversary marker will be presented on the death day of Kian delos Santos. Photo of Maria Tan / Rappler

A memorial to Kian Loyd delos Santos is presented at San Roque Cathedral, Caloocan City. It strives to remember not only him but all victims of the violent war on drugs.

August 23, 2018

Accused PO1 Jeremiah Pereda tells the court that the eyewitness accounts in Delos Santos death are not valid conclusions. He insists that there is no sure way to find out that it was Delos Santos that they beat as captured by CCTV that night.

August 30, 2018

PO1 Jerwin Cruz, one of the accused police, claims that the boy they beat was a police asset and not Delos Santos. He says they told the access to cover his face in order not to be recognized by society.

Caloocan RTC Branch 125 terminates its trial and sets the promulgation until November 29th.

The accused's legal adviser Oliver Yuan says he is optimistic that it would be a frustration and say that "if we are to base everything on the law, we should get acquittal". – Rappler.com

[ad_2]
Source link