In January, the good news came that Matthew Perry (51) had found happiness with the 22 year younger talent scout Molly Hurwitz (29).
By that time, rumors had already circulated that they had met for a while. According to The Sun, Hurwitz celebrated Christmas at the home of the “Friends” star in Los Angeles last year.
The duo were also seen together at an Italian restaurant in November 2019, and in January a source told US Weekly that they were lovers.
– Molly tells friends that she is not famous, but she loves the attention she gets for their relationship in secret, the source claimed.
Tribute to fiance
On Thursday, Matthew Perry himself reveals that he has made peace with Hurwitz and agreed.
– I decided to get engaged. Fortunately, I meet the most amazing woman on the face of the earth right now, he tells People.
On Valentine’s Day this year, the 29-year-old shared a sweet message to the actress on social media and at the same time revealed that she and Perry have been lovers for longer than most people may know.
– The second year he is my dear valentine, but the first year he is an Instagram influencer, she wrote on her private account, according to People, and probably referred to Perry’s newly created Instagram profile.
The news of the impending wedding will probably be a breath of fresh air in the actor’s life. The last few years have been difficult for Perry, who has struggled with both depression and alcohol problems.
From the time he was 24 until he turned 34, the 51-year-old played the character Chandler Bing in the popular commissioner «Friends».
Even during the filming of the TV series, which has become a cult series through ten seasons from 1994 to 2004, the star struggled with drug abuse and mental health problems.
Last year, several of his “Friends” colleagues are said to have been worried about Perry’s health, and they are said to have expressed shock at seeing what condition he was in.
Perry has no children, and before he met Molly Hurwitz, he had not been in a relationship since 2012. At the time, he and the “secret boyfriend”, Lizzy Caplan (37), broke up because he did not want to get married, according to Daglig mail.
The couple must have been together for about six years before they went each other.
As previously mentioned, the popular actor has been open about his problems with alcohol and drugs, which also led to memory loss in the 1990s. Much of the time between when season three and six of “Friends” was filmed has actually been forgotten by Perry.
– I was never drunk or tall during the film, but I was often very drunk, he has previously told People.
– I was world famous! Everyone wanted a piece of us. From the perspective of others, it seemed like we had everything we could dream of. For me, it was the loneliest period of my life, because I was struggling with alcoholism, he also told the website.
Last November, fans could rejoice that the “Friends” gang was reunited, when Jennifer Aniston almost crushed Instagram by suddenly appearing on the platform – and that with a picture of herself and her five “Friends” colleagues.
READ AND: – Kourtney supports Scott’s new relationship