Do you want to automatically let your horse ride to a designated destination in Red Dead Redemption 2? No problem! It's so easy to activate the autopilot and the horse finds its own way.
Much of the game in Red Dead Redemption 2 rides on your horse from one point to another. But whoever does not need to control the horse, but can sit back and enjoy the surroundings.
Horses with automatic driving: Together with the Cinematographic Camera, enable the auto-run option of your Gauls. Here we show you how easy it is to trigger the feature.
Automatic driving in RDR 2 horses
At the same time one can observe the environment and control his horse in the long run. Finally, there are cute animals and detailed landscapes along the way. Because you can be distracted and inadvertently ride in front of a rock or in opposing character.
Traveling in Red Dead Redemption 2 may be more relaxed if you give your horse control. All you have to do is focus on events that happen by the way. Your attention is needed when bandits are displayed.
What way does the horse drive then? After setting a goal, the horse goes along roads and trails – but not cross-country skiing.
Still missing a good horse? It's so easy to catch the best wild horse in RDR 2.
To enable the autopilot:
- First, select a destination on the map that you select with a route marker. For example, the Viking position places in RDR 2
- Then you will see a route drawn in red on the map. Your horse then goes along this road
- Now you start driving normally and adjust with A (Xbox) or X (PS4) how fast the horse will run
- Once you have reached the desired crossing speed, hold down A or X. Just as if you were walking at the friends' pace
- Hold down A or X while holding down and holding down the camera's perspective button
- In the lower right corner, you can see that this activates the camera
- Once you have activated the horse, follow the specified route – you do not have to do anything anymore and you can release both buttons
Taxes under autopilot: When the horse follows the track, you can continue to accelerate with A or X and brake with RB (on Xbox) or R1 (on PS4). By pressing the right analogue stick, you change the angle of the camera.
Disable autopilot: Use the analog pins to regain control over the horse. Press the camera button again to exit Cinematic Camera.
Disadvantages of the autopilot in RDR 2
Due to the different camera angles, you can experience events along the way later or even late and prepare them for them.
In addition, you will be surprised by the rogues waiting for you and have some time to prepare for a shootout.
Keep your swarms on hand while traveling on the autopilot.
Another way to travel in RDR 2 is the fast journey. So you unlock them.