Premier Doug Ford was raised high by the audience on a special Olympic competition Tuesday.
But the premiere brushed off the hostile reception when asked about it the next day and said it was a "good event" and he supports Special Olympics Ontario.
"It was so good to see the smile of the kids' faces and all the energy in the room," Ford said Wednesday. "Our government supported it, we financed it and I always continue to support disabled children.
"I've made it all my life through Rotary. We'll keep doing it."
NDP MPP Monique Taylor said people are unhappy with cuts to finance and services they rely on.
"(Booing) doesn't surprise me because we hear from Ontarians every day how deeply these cuts affect them and what it means to their lives," Taylor said. "I like them well to make their score very clear for the premiere when they had the opportunity."
Booing occurred during the opening ceremony of the Special Olympics Invitational Youth Games.
From the scene, Ford said it was the first time he had been boycotted, but something similar occurred during a Toronto-Mayor debate in October 2014, before becoming prime minister. Ford was booed after referring to his Jewish lawyer and doctor when asked about anti-Semitic comments by his brother Rob.