Information about possible irregularities in the election was revealed in the award-winning dismissal of former J&F executive Ricardo Saud.
Fachin's decision was signed last week. On Monday (18), the matter should be referred to the Presidency of the Supreme Court to decide whether to go to a new rapporteur.
The survey involves 18 politicians:
- Eduardo Cunha himself;
- three current federal deputies – Carlos Bezerra (MDB-MT), Mauro Lopes (MDB-MG) and José Priante (MDB-PA);
- 14 politicians who had no forum in the alleged crimes or who held positions other than they now hold – Newton Cardoso Junior, Soraya Santos, Vital do Rêgo, Fernando Jordão, Geraldo Pereira, Manoel Junior, Marçal Filho, Henrique Alves, Leonardo Quintão, Saraiva Felipe, João Magalhães, Toninho Andrade, Alexandre Santos and Sandro Mabel.
The report attempts to contact those involved in the investigation of Fachin (read at the end of this article what they have already said).
The Minister took into account the Supreme Court's decision which limited the privileged forum to documents that took place in the office and related to the function – suspicions during the election, for example, are considered free.
According to the Attorney General's Office (PGR), the group received $ 30 million in 2014 for Eduardo Cunha to be elected "to counteract then-President Dilma Rousseff".
According to the indictment, the money would have been passed on by official donations, cash deliveries and issuing cold invoices without providing the service.
Eduardo Cunha is imprisoned in Rio de Janeiro, in the Bangu prison. He was arrested in October 2016 on the orders of the then Justice Sergio Moro, current Minister of Justice, and spent more than two years in Paraná.
According to PGR, an investigation of a similar issue is underway at the Federal Regional Court of the 1st Region, and for this reason politicians without jurisdiction must answer in that court. For PGR, only the three parliamentarians would answer in the Supreme.
However, Minister Fachin had an investigation into the 18 opened for suspicions of corruption and money laundering.
"To the extent that the claim is based on at least evidence – cooperation and supporting documents, the context must be tested" opportuno tempore "in the context of constitutional procedural safeguards. The Minister of Ministers must therefore be upheld. That is to say, that is to ask, to collect elements, to question finally gathering data that could lead to the formation of & # 39; opinio delicti & # 39 ;, Fachin decided.
The Minister noted that the investigation "obviously does not mean any responsibility for the party under investigation."
Fachin has asked the court's chairman, Dias Toffoli, to send the case to a new rapporteur for not having anything to do with fraud at Petrobras. It will be up to the new rapporteur to decide on the so-called division, ie the sending of politicians without a forum to TRF-1.
What the survey targets said
Read what the politicians who will answer the survey said:
José Priante (Federal Vice / MDB-PA) – I was surprised to hear about the initiation of an investigation in the Federal Supreme Court, where I would appear as one of its investigators. The fact found would be the alleged purchase of votes by the then Deputy Eduardo Cunha to enable his election to the chair of the Chamber of Deputies. I have a strong interest in having such a charge cleared and the truth established. I have never sold my votes, and I demand that the investigation continue so that facts can be elucidated. Therefore, imputation is false. I am fully available to the Federal Supreme Court and the authorities of the Prosecutor's Office and the Federal Police.